This plugin has been reported to have a XSS flaw in the press optimization feature. An attacker can inject a malicious code into a web page that will be published by this plugin and cause a XSS attack on any user that visits the infected site. By exploiting this vulnerability, an attacker can steal credentials, steal cookie information, launch phishing attacks and make unauthorized changes to the website’s content. In order to exploit this issue, a hacker must be able to inject malicious code into a website. This can be done by either hacking the website itself or by hacking a user’s system and tricking him into visiting a malicious website. The press optimization plugin is not the only way to inject malicious code into WordPress websites. Buggy plugins, misconfigured server settings, injecting code directly into the source code and other ways are possible as well.
List of Affected Versions
Since the vulnerability was reported in 2015, there are many versions of this plugin that have been released. Version 1.7.1 has been confirmed to have a XSS flaw and is therefore vulnerable. However, since it has not been updated since 2015, it is highly recommended you update to the latest version if you are using this plugin or any other version that is vulnerable.
The importance of digital marketing
How to get access to WordPress websites?
In order to get access to WordPress websites, it is important for the attacker to have a valid login or any other type of account on the website. If you are interested in doing this, there are certain steps that can be taken in order to achieve this goal. For example, if the attacker is using an email address and a password with a username associated with it, they can use these credentials to log into the site in question. With the right credentials, an attacker can easily bypass most security systems put into place by organizations such as web hosting companies.
How to Enable Press Optimization Feature?
The press optimization feature can be enabled by following these steps:
1. Go to Settings -> Press Optimization
2. Check Enable press optimization
3. In the section of Target, enter a URL you want to target and make sure it is not in the list.
4. On the left side, under Press Optimization Configuration, click on "Presets".
5. Click on "New Preset" and select one of the presets that are available in the drop-down menu and name it accordingly.
6. Click on "Save Preset" to save your configuration changes in this preset for later use.
7. Once all settings have been configured and saved, go back to Settings -> Press optimizations and click on Save Changes
Published on: 10/17/2022 18:15:00 UTC
Last modified on: 10/19/2022 05:31:00 UTC