It will show the fake message that User is unavailable on the screen. This is a serious vulnerability as it will make the PC vulnerable to remote access and data theft. The vulnerability is present in Fac2 1.34, 1.32, and earlier versions. Fac2 is a VoIP client software. It is used by many users across the globe to make cheap and affordable calls to their loved ones. Fac2 is used by many corporates as well to make cheap and affordable calls to their employees. The Fac2 software is a very popular software used by many people to make cheap and affordable calls. The Fac1 software has been discovered to be vulnerable to an attack which can lead to the complete takeover of the system.
What is Fac2 Software?
Fac2 software is a VoIP client software. It is used by many users across the globe to make cheap and affordable calls to their loved ones. Fac2 is used by many corporates as well to make cheap and affordable calls to their employees. The software has been discovered to be vulnerable to an attack which can lead to the complete takeover of the system.
How Fac2 Vulnerability can lead to PC takeover?
In this particular Vulnerability, a hacker can intercept the voice traffic of the user and change the content in order to make it appear as if the User is unavailable on the PC. The hacker can do this by changing the text to say anything he/she wants.
The hacking process will begin with a remote connection to Fac2 server made by the attacker’s PC. It will then be possible for him/her to intercept and modify data packets in transit. Once that is complete, he/she will be able to watch every single outgoing and incoming call in real time from any location without needing to install any spyware or viruses. In order to make these changes, a hacker needs only one valid account with an administrative privilege on Fac2 servers. After that, all calls on Fac2 will be changed accordingly by simply changing some text on those calls.
Anybody who uses Fac2 could get hacked into their system just by making a call and logging onto their account while they are not present at their PCs. This vulnerability can lead to huge financial losses for anyone who is using this software due to a large number of users across the globe who use it consistently.
How to install Fac2 Software on Windows
1.First go to https://www.fac2.com/download
2.Click on the link "Fac2 v1.34"
3.Click on the button "Download Now" to download the file
4.Double-click on the downloaded file and follow the instructions to install it
5.Restart your system, after installation restart your system again
6.(The next step is optional) If you want to make sure that new driver is installed properly then uninstall its old or previous driver by following these steps:
a) Press Windows key + R key
b) Type in appwiz32.cpl and press Enter key
c) Double-click on PnP device manager icon
d) Right click on the Fac2's name in device manager list and click "Uninstall Device"
How to check Fac2 software version?
The best way to check is by going to the help menu and selecting the About-Fac2 option. This will give you an indication of whether or not your software is vulnerable to this attack. If your Fac2 software version is 1.34 or earlier, then it is vulnerable to this attack.
As a security precaution, we recommend users upgrade their software as soon as possible to avoid any of these unwanted incidents happening in their system.
How to Check Fac2 Version?
The latest version of Fac2 is 1.34. But there may be many other versions present in the system which are not the latest one. You can check your version by following these steps:
1. Open Fac2 and click on Help >> About to check the software version number.
2. If your software is not updated, please update it from the website using the Software Update option available in the General Tab or by clicking on "Check for updates" option.
3. Please make sure that you close all open programs before going for a software update as it will shut down all running programs with process ID 00000004 at start time and might lead to serious problems if something goes wrong during the update process.
4. Even though you have closed all running programs, you must restart your PC after updating to complete the installation of any new applications or patches that were installed while updating your operating system during a previous session which was started while a particular running application was still open but did not contain any open processes with process IDs 00000004
5. To restart your PC, please follow these instructions: Press Windows key + R keys together to run "Command Prompt", type in "shutdown -r -t 0" without quotes and press Enter key to see if Restart was successful or not.
Published on: 08/24/2022 12:15:00 UTC
Last modified on: 08/29/2022 15:48:00 UTC